Download documents from previous committee meetings below according to the appropriate society year. ASHRAE's society year begins on July 1 and ends June 30.
Tip: The following section can be edited by the webmaster as needed. It does not have to be about Whitepapers. You can edit that to be anything. To add, delete or reposition sections of the accordion, use the concentric arrows button in the editing toolbar at the top. When typing or inserting text into an accordion and there is more than one paragraph, you MUST use "shift + enter" between paragraphs. Be sure that you do not accidentally just use the "enter" key to separate the paragraphs. It will look OK but after you publish the page, the text after the 'enter' may no longer be editable.
Additional documents produced by the TC may be available for direct download or for purchase through the ASHRAE Bookstore, as noted below.
We've assembled lists of desiccant-related publications produced by ASHRAE and by other cooperating technical organizations. Most are available for purchase through the ASHRAE Online bookstore.
Humidity Control Design Guide for Commercial and Institutional Buildings
Harriman, Brundrett & Kittler
Helps technical professionals design humidity control systems for commercial buildings. The over 500-page Guide provides the HVAC designer with complete coverage of humidity control from basic principles to real-world design advice, and is organized in a logical, easy-to-follow layout.
- Provides a solid background in humidity control, including a review of its causes and effects.
- Divided into five major sections: "Basics," "Humidity Effects," "System Design," "Equipment & Controls," and "Applications."
- Discusses the roles of various people involved in the design and operation of a building, including owners, HVAC designers, and contractors, in controlling humidity.
- Covers 15 different types of equipment related to humidity control design.
- Spotlights 13 different types of buildings, including schools, office buildings, retail buildings, and hotels.
- Includes 25 pages of weather data
- Reference section features dehumidification equations, conversion tables and factors, and a pyschrometric chart.
- Filled with full-color charts, diagrams and illustrations.
Occasionally we post the slides from seminar presentations on this site. You are welcome to download these materials.
Please be aware that unlike symposium papers, seminar material is informal. This means that the content of these seminar presentations:
• Has been inspected to ensure their content complies with ASHRAE policy regarding commercialism.
• Has not been peer-reviewed in its technical respects. There may be disagreement with its content or conclusions.
• Represents opinions of the individual presenter, not of either ASHRAE or our technical committee. If you have questions regarding the seminar material itself, please contact the presenter directly. But if you have questions about our program activities or if you have suggestions for future seminars that would help you meet your goals, contact us through the Chair of our Program Subcommittee.
Measuring Humidity (PDF file, 107K)
This 15-minute introduction describes key issues for measuring humidity in commercial buildings. It was developed by Lew Harriman of Mason-Grant Consulting for the ASHRAE winter meeting of 2002, held in Atlantic City, NJ.
Active Desiccant Dehumidification (PDF file, 930K)
This 20-minute presentation provides a brief introduction to solid desiccant dehumidifiers, and how they are typically applied in commercial buildings. It was developed by Lew Harriman of Mason-Grant Consulting for the ASHRAE winter meeting of 2002, held in Atlantic City, NJ.